Today we’re covering everything about agritourism! ~ a new government-supported agritourism program in California, comprehensive practical resources to start and manage an agritourism operation, and an interview with the Land Manager of HipCamp, a booking platform that connects paying campers with unique places to camp (think AirBnB for camping).
Agritourism Intensive Workshops
This Fall the UC Small Farm Program received a USDA grant to support the California agritourism community through a series of educational workshops, webinars and resources. This new program is all thanks to the collaboration of UC Cooperative Extension, local community organizations, tourism professionals, and experienced agritourism operators.
Over the next few months, three different regions of California will each host a three-part series of Agritourism Intensive workshops:
- Dates: Tuesdays, Dec 1, 2015, Jan 12 & Feb 23, 2016
- Times: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. each session (lunch provided)
- Location: Mineral Building, Plumas County Fairgrounds, Quincy, CA 95971
- Cost: $50 for 3-session course (only $20 for additional participants from same family or business)
- Dates: Wednesdays, January 6, February 10 and March 16, 2016
- Times: 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. each session (lunch provided)
- Location: The McConnell Foundation Lema Ranch, 800 Shasta View Drive, Redding, CA 96003
- Cost: $50 for 3-session course (only $25 for additional participants from same family or business)
Continue Reading →